This phantom is designed according to ICRU 87 report and AAPM TG-200 specifications.
The phantom comprises high-density polyethylene (mass density of 0.97 g/cm3) and is 300mm in diameter. The total length of the phantom is 600mm. This allows to capture the majority of the scattered radiation and gives more accurate results than standard PMMA cylinders – 150mm long, 320mm in diameter.
Due to the large mass of the phantom, it is manufactured in three separate sections. In order to keep these sections aligned, alignment pegs are included in the design.
Technical data (can be modified to customer specifications):
- total dimensions: diameter 300mm, length 600mm
- made of high-density polyethylene
- build of 3 separate 200mm sections:
– cable section (A) contains three holes O13.1mm where detector cable rests during measurements
– functional section (B) contains three holes O13.1mm for positioning CT detector and O44.45mm, 50.8mm deep hole for MTF (modular transfer function) calculation
– blank section (C) is free of any structures that can be used for noise power spectrum (NPS) evaluation
- 2x 12mm thick polyethylene end cup to keep all modules together
- 2x 420mm long polyethylene filler plug to fill unused holes
- additional polyethylene rod to help center the probe tip in the middle section
- 12x locating plug to help in correct phantom assembly
- engraved markings on phantoms for easier positioning
- carrying case with a trolley
- complies with:
– ICRU report 87
– AAPM TG-200
- CE certified
- the Manual provides detailed guidelines for carrying out each test, results assessment and registration